Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time, America, Degradation, Age

Time

Thomas Bailey Aldrich
All the best sands of my life are somehow getting into the wrong end of the hourglass. If I could only reverse it! Were it in my power to do so, would I?

America

David Abrahansen
The American dream is, in part, responsible for a great deal of crime and violence because people feel that the country owes them not only a living but a good living.

Degradation

Joseph Addison
Man is subject to innumerable pains and sorrows by the very condition of humanity, and yet, as if nature had not sown evils enough in life, we are continually adding grief and aggravating the common calamity by our cruel treatment of one another.

Age

Tallulah Bankhead
If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.


No comments: